enrollment information / informacion de inscripcion
Incoming Kindergarten Students:
During Open Enrollment period (January to March of every year), parent signs up for an information session and tour.
During the session, parent completes an Enrollment Interest Form
Enrollment Interest Forms are sorted by language groups:
- Native English speaker
- Native Spanish speaker
- Bilingual speaker
Public lottery is held annually April. Classes and wait lists are created by language groups using a lottery system in the following order:
- Siblings of current Language Academy students
- Children of Language Academy staff
- Students that reside within the 95820 zip code and can verify their address through a rental agreement or utility bill in their name.
- Students that reside within the Sacramento City Unified School District (SCUSD) attendance area and can verify their address through a rental agreement or utility bill in their name.
- Students that reside outside the SCUSD attendance area.
Parent is notified of student's acceptance or placement on the waiting list
Students Enrolling after Kindergarten:
During the Open Enrollment period (January to March of every year),
Parent attends information session (highly encouraged)
Parent attends classroom tour (optional)
At the information session, parent completes an Enrollment Interest Form
Student names are chosen for the wait list order using the same language groups and lottery priorities as in the kindergarten process. The wait lists are made during the annual public lottery held in April.
Student is assessed for language proficiency.
Enrollment Committee (Director, Coordinator and classroom teacher) meet with parent to make recommendation
Parent is informed of Enrollment Committee recommendation.
Matriculation Process after the Open Enrollment period
(between the months of April to December):
The Language Academy Wait List locks when the Open Enrollment period ends. If you are an interested parent, you must wait until the following Open Enrollment period in order to apply for your child to be added to our lottery.